We all have to wear clothes every day. We know where to buy our clothes and how to maintain them, but there are so many bizarre facts about clothes most of us don’t know.
1. In Iceland, there is a mythical legend that claims you will be eaten by a giant cat if you don’t get new clothes on Christmas Eve. So I hope this Christmas, everyone asks for new clothes in their stocking.
2. We all probably know that Michael Jordan’s father murdered someone. What most don’t know is that the man that he murdered was actually wearing a Michael Jordan shirt.
3. Inspired by the classic Wizard of Oz, someone invented a pair of shoes with GPS installed, which becomes activated when the heels are clicked three times.
4. Back in the day, women would wear extremely wide dresses. They were apparently so wide that often times women would get stuck in doorways.
5. Many women wish to have long gorgeous trains on their wedding dress. The longest recorded train is 1. 8 miles long! That would take a lot of people to walk it down the aisle.
6. Initially, the color white was worn only at funerals, however, this changed when Queen Victoria decided to wear white on her wedding day.
7. Jeans get their name from sailors in Genoa, Italy because they were known for wearing the material.
8. The first pair of Levi Jeans was sold in the 1850s